After our standard water tank warranty? View Water Tank Warranty.
About This Warranty
1. National Poly Industries PTY LTD ABN 52107251267 warrants that, subject to the terms of this warranty, it will either, at its sole discretion, replace or repair any industrial tank affected by a defect or fault caused by poor workmanship for a period limited to:
1.1 Two (2) years from the date of purchase for industrial tanks and stock troughs
1.2 One (1) years or less where the tank has been used to store what National Poly Industries deems to be extremely aggressive or hazardous chemicals provided the warranty is only valid where National Poly Industries is made aware, prior to manufacture, of the intended application, installation location and full specifics of the chemical to be stored and has granted written approval to store chemicals in the tank. For more information please consult your National Poly Industries Representative.
1.3 The supplied tank is warranted for storage of the specified liquid with the Specific Gravity (SG) suited for the tank manufactured (i.e. product is 1.5 SG tank manufacture to specifications of 1.5SG)
1.4 The SG shall not be greater than 2.0 and ambient and content temperature to 40 degrees Celsius.
2. A purchaser of a water tank (in this warranty referred to as “you”) will only be entitled to make a claim under this warranty if the defect or fault first appears, and National Poly Industries is informed of the claim, within the duration of that warranty period and in accordance with paragraph 3 of this warranty.
How To Make A Claim
3. To make a warranty claim under this warranty, you must:
3.1 notify National Poly Industries in writing at the address shown at the end of this warranty (noting that updates to that address may have been notified via the National Poly Industries website) within fourteen (14) days of the existence of any defect or fault becoming apparent and provide National Poly Industries with the opportunity to inspect the defective or faulty water tank within twenty-eight (28) days (or sooner if reasonably requested by National Poly Industries) of such notification; and
3.2 send the original invoice evidencing the purchase of your water tank to National Poly Industries at the address shown at the end of this warranty.
4. You must bear all expenses of making a claim, whether valid or otherwise, under this warranty.
When This Warranty Does Not Apply
5. This warranty has no application in any of the following circumstances:
5.1 The defect or fault is caused by you or any person (other than National Poly Industries) by using your water tank other than for its manufactured purpose;
5.2 Any contamination or leakage is caused or induced by the purchaser.
5.3 Your water tank is damaged during relocation, including, but not limited to, installation and/or transportation;
5.4 your water tank is not installed or maintained in accordance with National Poly Industries Recommended Site Installation Sheet which is available at our website: www.nationalpolyindustries.com.au;
5.5 the defect or fault is caused by an act of God, an act of war, storm, hail, tree roots (where the tank is installed too close to existing or subsequently planted trees), wind (where not securely anchored or weighted down by water immediately on delivery as per National Poly Industries Recommended Site Installation Sheet) or other natural event or force of nature;
5.6 The defect or fault is caused by reasonable weathering/degradation over time;
5.7 The defect or fault is caused by negligence (other than by National Poly Industries), abuse, wilful damage or other deliberate act;
5.8 The defect or fault is caused by someone walking on or applying any load to the top of the water tank;
5.9 The serial number or identification marked on your water tank is removed, defaced or altered;
5.10 The defect or fault is the result of inadequate or incorrect site preparation;
5.11 pipe work which is connected to your water tank is not adequately supported so as to not to put undue pressure or strain on fittings;
5.12 The overflow capacity of your water tank is less than the inflow, causing excessive hydraulic pressure;
5.13 Your water tank is transported with liquids in it;
5.14 Regardless of the type of water tank:
- Your water tank is not installed using the National Poly Industries Recommended Site Installation Sheet. These are supplied when the tank is delivered are available at our website: www.nationalpolyindustries.com.au; or
- Your water tank is placed on an unsound base or the base erodes and/or is not maintained by you or is subjected to unauthorised modifications;
5.15 the defect or fault is the result of after sale modifications, repairs or the installation of fittings which are not suitable for the water tank or weaken its integral properties;
5.16 Any damage occurs as a result of a design fault where National Poly Industries has manufactured the tank in accordance with the purchasers design or specification. In that case the purchaser is to satisfy itself of the adequacy of the design and the fitness for the intended purpose of the design (or mould) from which the tank is manufactured: or
5.17 The defect or fault is caused by the storage of water at temperatures in excess of 40º Celsius.
Who This Warranty Benefits
6. This warranty is provided to the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
Limitations On Claims
7. National Poly Industries maximum liability for a claim made under this warranty is limited to the amount calculated by multiplying the original purchase price of your water tank by the number of years of the warranty period (including any part thereof) remaining as at the date of your claim and dividing by the duration warranty period. That is:
C = total warranty period for your water tank.
To the extent that the costs of the repair or replacement of your water tank exceed the limit under this paragraph 7, you will be liable for the difference.
8. This warranty does not apply to the colour or appearance of the tank, which may alter.
9. National Poly Industries is not responsible for any freight or delivery charges to or from National Poly Industries premises relating to the repair or replacement of your water tank as a result of a claim being made under this warranty, which cost shall be borne by you.
10. Without limiting paragraph 7 above, any payment under this warranty is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the tank (at National Poly Industries sole discretion) and does not extend to any indirect or consequential loss, claim, expense or damage resulting from or caused by any defect or fault in your water tank, including, but not limited to, the cost of liquid replacement, the cost of cartage of liquid, loss sustained through the escape of liquid, loss of income, profits or goodwill or loss sustained by third parties.
11. In addition to this warranty, certain legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law, may give you rights and remedies which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This warranty must be read subject to that legislation and nothing in this warranty has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights.
12. Apart from this warranty and any implied rights and remedies arising under legislation that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, all guarantees, warranties or other implied terms (including terms implied by custom or usage) are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Our postal address and contact information as at the date this warranty was prepared are as follows:
|National Poly Industries Queensland
89 Childers Road
Bundaberg QLD 4670Contact – The Manager
Phone – (07) 41 522433
Note: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.